Dear visitor, welcome to Forums. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Elementz

Global Moderator

• "Elementz" started this thread

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 3:50am

Twisted Treeline Tier List (ROUGH DRAFT NOT DONE!)

Here's my 3v3 tier list as of now.. It's not finished and I am wanting feedback on it so please comment!

Tier 1 – Mundo, Singed, Tryndamere, Ryze, Nunu, Renekton, Gragas,

Tier 2 – Poppy, Mordekaiser, Lee Sin, Udyr, Sion, Olaf, Ezreal, Vayne, Kennen, Shaco, Rumble, Warwick, Trundle, Nocturne, Yi, Irelia, Jarvan, Blitzcrank, Urgot, Jax, Annie, Teemo, Xin Zhao, Maokai, Caitlyn,

Tier 3 – Shen, Garen, Malphite, Cho’Gath, Alistar, Nidalee, Swain, Pantheon, Rammus, Vladimir, Brand, Anivia, Leblanc, Zilean, Karthus, Sona, Akali, Malzahar, Kassadin,

Tier 4 – Morgana, Nasus, Eve, Twitch, Katarina, Kayle, Ashe, Fiddlesticks, Taric, Lux, Cassiopeia, Tristana, Corki, Hiemerdinger, Karma, Amumu,

Hard to place – Sivir, Galio, Kog’Maw, Gangplank, Miss Fortune, Soraka, Twisted Fate, Veigar,
"You can lead a noob to water, but you can't make them drink"

Teh pwnerer

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 4:00am

I think Karma should be high tier 3 / low tier 2, she is the best support in 3s due to her ability to both support, and carry with high burst damage. Also, Nidalee should be Tier 2 imo due to her incredible mobility which is a strong counter to the tanky dps meta.

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 4:30am

Mundo really isn't so godlike on 3s like he used to be ever since the little adjustments they've done over time. He feels more like Tier 2.

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 4:35am

I think you have morgana, amumu, karma, heimer, ashe and akali very low.

Generally speaking tt is dominated by tanky ability power champs like singed nunu etc. Morgana's shield is very strong. Also she combos very well with warwick/nunu and ad carry.

Ashe is pretty strong with the right combo. Nunu/Shen/Ashe, Amumu/Ashe/Morgana or something for example, it's impossible to dive ashe, and there is pretty much no escape if you get caught. Also arrow is very easy to land.

Akali, to counter her you will need oracles and a shitload of wards. One mistake early and akali gets triple, then you're not safe even near your fountain.

Heimer can control the tight spots near the neutral buffs very well. He is master baiter. Also he pushes a tower very fast.

Karma's shield is very strong. Her weakness is the lack of hard cc, but her damage and healing/shield are suprisingly strong.

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 4:39am

Karma needs to be higher... on every tier list frankly. And I have no vested interest in this- she's just so strong if you player her properly. That shield has such a low cooldown and shields a LOT of damage provided you have the AP (which is how she should be built). I'm seeing Karmas rushing WotA to great success lately, making her incredibly sustainable and tanky in her own right.

NiteOwl

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 4:45am

'Karma is good with ap' - also known as farm. A support that needs farm is just backwards. Her placement is fine.

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 5:06am

@NiteOwl, A pure support isn't viable in 3s.

NiteOwl

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 5:18am

@Jonofuzz - Karma isn't really a true support in the fact she can actually do some damage, but Mannick was referencing Karma in all game modes.

Define true support as well.

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 6:01am

IMVHO, I think cassiopeia should be placed higher due to her ability to kite well with q and w and the fact that because 3v3 has a lot of walls and cramped areas, it is easier to hit with, and hit multiple opponents with her q and w. Also, she is safer then other mages such as fiddlesticks, karthus and kassadin because she doesn't need to be within dangerously close range for an extended period of time to for the majority of her abilities to work well (the one exception being her e).

On a side note, she has a good ability to assist a teammate in pushing towers because or her q and w, which can be use to keep enemies from approaching the tower while your teammate pushes the tower. This has the positive side effect of killing any opposing minions thus allowing friendly minions to also push.

In my very humble opinion, I believe that cassiopeia is mid tier three material somewhere between swain and karthus.

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 6:02am

Hmm.. I still dont agree with Tryndamere Tier 1, he is so easy to shut down in bought lane and jungle its stupid and he doesn't deal that much damage either. Also when you know how popular items like Wardens Mail and summoner exhaust are in Ranked TT i fail to see how tryndamere can be gamebreaking in any way, shape or form. In my opinion I am not even sure if he can make it to tier 2.

Also Jax and Annie are tier 1 tbh. Jax because of his extremly strong early game laning, AOE stuns in teamfights, high MR with ultimate and the fact that carrying 1 ward in his inventory allows for easy escapes/ganks over tarrain. Annie is pretty easy to explain, she has extreme burst damage and a stun-bot for her team, while not necessary being that squishy.

Nunu and Singed are the gods of TT, while after the nerfs to Mundo, he is not. Nunu and Singed should be placed higher than Mundo in tier 1.

---> Rest of the tier list seems fine.

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 6:13am

I do not agree with Tryndamere in Tier 1, there's no place for farming on TT. He's strong on the map yea, but only if the enemy makes some mistakes like dying to him or somethitng, he gets dominated 1v1 by any other tier 1/2 champs on the list - he won't get much farm on the duo lane either.

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 6:27am

As a Heim player in Twisted Treeline, I would agree gtdef suggested.

In TT you can have 1 squishy and 2 tanky dps.

Here are the most required features for TT champion to rule the game (from high to low)

1.Mobility
2.Health
3.Reliable Control (Stun/Snare > Taut > Slow, meanwhile, champion with only ult as CC skill is less preferable due to the suddenness of teamfight)
4.Damage Burst (usually AP > Melee AD > Range AD)
5.Can farm safely + quickly early game

I would suggest Lux the worst cham in TT since her snare is very inefficient, and her ult is hard to aim on target during "bush fight"

Kayle is 2nd worst cham in TT: nearly no CC, insufficient health and mobility, hard to farm safely

Sona is 3rd worst cham in TT: only CC from ult, insufficient health and mobility, hard to farm safely

Amumu should also move to "hard to play", since his ult is not so efficient in TT (1. ult itself doesnt provide dmg, 2. enemy still can spam still when ulted)

Eve, Twitch should also go to "hard to place" due to pure health and limited help for teamfight.

For tier 1, currently the Best cham is Lee Sin, Jarvan and Xin in my opinion. Good survive, effective air knock, teamfight beast, able to solo dragon, etc.